Marley and Me

>> Sunday, May 3, 2009



As I sat watching “Marley and Me” last night while munching some popcorn. I was thinking-here we go again another slap stick dog-tearing up the house movie. Little did I know that unfolding before me was a movie of substance and depth.


I cried as the ending neared, which isn’t surprising as anything about animals can touch me deeply. I guess I was more surprised at how it made me think of my own life in terms of the unfolding of life, my family’s life and how the little gifts can become the biggest gifts of all.


Something as simplistic as watching this “dog” movie turned my mind to deeper thoughts, unveiling layers I’ve covered up with the every day life doing the same old-same old.



You think you have it all sewn up; only to realize your life can take a swift turn and lead you down a road that you never knew existed. This new world appears, with new sights, new textures and new experiences waiting to be experienced by you. You can glide through the shade barely seeing what is out there and then hit a patch of brilliant sunlight discovering your eyes can hardly take in what you see.


Then you realize when your eyes do adjust this new world is perfect for you, even though there was never a plan to visit- let alone stay. When this turning point is put before you, you can either keep going into the unknown letting life discover each moment with you or you can turn back and be comfortable in your known life where everything seems safe.


Deep down we all know that nothing is completely safe. For me, I would choose the brilliant sun each moment that I can remember to do so. I would rather be heading into the unknown where dreams have the possibility of being realized, then to head back home and be comfortable with the bleached out world of the known.






Share/Save/Bookmark

3 comments:

Body May 4, 2009 at 12:04 AM  

Good blog please keep up

Retro Kimmer May 4, 2009 at 7:12 AM  

Great story on Marley! Going to watch it tonight!

Lesslee Belmore May 4, 2009 at 7:14 AM  

Thanks gang we are adding new content everday now! Thanks for coming by!

LB

My Shelfari Bookshelf

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog
The Link Directory - The-Directory.org Links Directory features links to category sites. All of the links posted and link exchange is free.

My Blog Log

Mackyplanet Blog Customizations and Promotion

  © Blogger templates Artsy by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP